who are we?
Simpli is owned by its members. Our current members are 30 Building Consent Authorities (BCAs) across the country. The initiative is supported by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE). Not all members make use of the online submission portal, check with your local councils to see if they have already made the move to using our online portal for building consent applications.
what we do
We work with Building Consent Authorities (BCAs) around the country, supporting them to streamline and align their building consent processes.
Simpli has created:
- standardised processes, forms, templates and checklists for building consent applications
- an online application service for submitting, viewing and managing building consent applications and;
- a best practice, quality management manual for councils to manage the building consent process.
The longer term goal is a unified national approach that will make it easier and faster to get a building consent, no matter where you live and work.
We have been winning awards for our innovation:
- Winner, 2017 ALGIM Excellence in Innovation Award
- Joint winners, 2018 SOLGM LGFA Award for Transforming Service Delivery
- Winner LOLA (Linked Organisations of Local Authorities) International Excellence Award 2019